Saturday, February 19, 2011

Out and About Around Cuernavaca Part I

As of tomorrow, we will have been in Cuernavaca for a month. Things continue to go well. During this month we have been blessed to experience many new things and places. One new thing is that I, Susan, also started taking classes at the language school two weeks ago. I attend class every morning from 9-12, then work with the kids on their school in the afternoons. I wasn't too sure how this would work, but so far has gone extremely well. The kids are doing a great job of working on what they can while I am in class.
The language learning is coming along. Vance and I are beginning to understand more of what we hear and are starting to try to talk with one another in Spanish a little bit each day. We still have a long way to go, but as our teachers say, "poco a poco" or "little by little".
This is a picture Rebekah took as I headed to my first day of class. She captioned it, " Mom's first day of school. They grow up so fast."

We have found a fabulous Mexican restaurant called La Gringa III. It is just around the corner from our apartment, which might not be such a good thing. It makes it way too convenient. We have been a couple of times. At this point we don't really know what we are ordering until we get it, but so far we have done really well!
These are the yummy sauces and salsas they put on your table.

Some of the dishes from our first trip.
We have already decided that this will probably be where we eat our last meal in Cuernavaca before heading to Honduras. There will probably be multiple trips before then also!
Stay tuned for "Out and About Around Cuernavaca, Parts II and III". I tried to do one big post about several things, but couldn't upload all the pictures. So I am going to do 3 different posts. Hopefully I will get them all up today.




1 comment:

  1. Hi guys! So glad you are all having such a good time here! Mexico definitely has it's share of historical areas to visit! I wish we could do some of it with you, it isn't fair that you are having all that fun without us! I do hope we can somehow find a way to see you all while you are here. Do you get any breaks in school? Let us know!! We love seeing all the places you are going!! Have you heard about the water park there? It is pretty nice! When it gets a little warmer, you might want to try it out! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete