Sunday, April 24, 2011

Where is the Easter candy?

Not long after we arrived in January I began seeing displays in the store with candy for Valentine's Day.  So, I thought if they have Valentine's candy surely I won't have problems finding candy for  Easter baskets. After all, what is Easter without Robins Eggs and Peeps?  For weeks I have been looking.  I haven't seen one chocolate bunny, one colored egg, or one overflowing basket.  However, what I have heard is this week called Santa Semana or Holy Week.  All the schools are closed for Santa Semana.  I've heard a non-christian say that Friday is about the death of Jesus and Sunday is about His resurrection.  So, although I will miss making a basket for my kids, I have had to stop and think, "Do these people around me, many of whom are entrenched in a religion without a relationship, have a better understanding of Who this day is about?"

No comments:

Post a Comment